Rated 7th in the nation for rental market(2014)
- Both the unemployment rate and the vacancy are below the national average
- It is home of the UPS air hub, Worldport
- 1/3 of the worlds bourbon comes from the Louisville area
- Waterfront Park West- 22-acre park starting at 10th street stretching west is coming soon
- Portland Art Fair- All day event featuring music, food trucks, an art show, a photography show, and a trolley tour highlighting Portland’s history
- Paint Factory Studios- a graffiti-covered building for film production. It's home to 10,000 square feet of space in a warehouse that film crews can rent.
- Shippingport Memorial Gardens- a community garden worked on by local farmers.
- Garageland- Shared space for bands and musicians to rehearse, store equipment, and record
- Falls City Brewing Company: Currently working on a new deal to open a large scale brewing system, a canning line, and a public taproom
- Heine Brothers: moved its corporate headquarters into Portland
- Trees Louisville: aggressively making Portland a greener area with the planting of trees throughout the neighborhood
- Kentucky Peerless Distillery: Recently opened in Portland